In this episode I interview Nerissa Chaux , co-founder and managing partner of Brown & Chase, an Australian talent acquisition & advisory firm. Somewhat to my surprise, Nerissa and her husband chose to open up their firm during the GFC – though it has been paying dividends very handsomely for them.
These days, Nerissa and her husband Efren are on a mission to change the perception of the recruitment industry for the better – and have a plan to open up offices throughout Australia, Asia and the USA.
You might enjoy seeing how Nerissa celebrates when she receives confirmation of being able to place a candidate for a role
In this episode you’ll learn:
- How Brown & Chase support their clients so new recruits get the support and development they need
- Why Nerissa & her husband threw in the towel in their high paying corporate roles to start-up a recruitment during the GFC
- The business model Brown & Chase have used to open up 2 new offices this year
- How they were able to capitalise on their core skills – and outsource the rest
- How a husband and wife team were able to bring very different personalities to their business and make it work
Listen to the Podcast Here: Why Nerissa's bet to open a recruitment firm when no one was hiring paid off big time